FoundLoveStrong

FoundLoveStrong
We found each other, We fell in love with each other, And together we can be strong through everything and anything.

Monday, May 5, 2014

My Dicision with Facebook

It's 6:00 A.M. -- Get on Facebook and let world know that I am awake and I wish I could still be sleeping...

7:00 A.M. -- Check into gym on Facebook and let world know what I have eaten for breakfast.

7:30 A.M. -- Lets get on Facebook and see what everyone did last night (meanwhile, kids are screaming but you just have a few posts left until you reached the ones you looked at right before bed)

8:00 A.M. -- Better check into work on Facebook so everyone knows I made it here fine.

8:30 A.M. -- Bathroom break! Better take a picture of my OOTD and show the world what I am wearing.

10:00 A.m. -- Slow day, I will just see if anyone else is having a slow day, too.

12:00 P.M. -- Checking into Subway for lunch

1:00 P.M. -- Status update, "Could this day be any more slow, UGH!"

1:30 P.M. -- Lets see how many people liked my picture from last night and my status.

1:31 P.M. -- Ugh, only 3 likes for that one? That's depressing.

2:00 P.M. -- Scrolling through Facebook, "Doesn't she have enough clothes? And those new shoes she just bought? Are you kidding me?"

3:00 P.M. -- Only an hour and a half left of work!

4:30 P.M. -- Finally done with work! Lets see what's going on tonight through Facebook.

5:00 P.M. -- Time to check into the gym again!

6:00 P.M. -- Better post my picture of Salmon and egg whites that I am having for supper so I can rub it into every one's face that I eat healthy! But I won't post my piece of chocolate cake I just ate, then I would really get some nasty comments!

7:00 P.M. -- Status update, "Is it really only Monday?! Ugh, Can't wait to wake up and do this all over tomorrow...Not.

8:00 P.M. -- Time to put the kids to bed! Better post a picture of them in the bathtub first!

9:00 P.M. -- Checking into my bed and scrolling through posts from the day that I may have missed. Oh, Laura is going on Vacation with her family. I wish I could do something like that. And why would Missy get 28 likes on that picture? It isn't even a good one. Well, let me go see how many people ended up liking Sharon's college announcement post...146?!??! What? Well, I'm done with Facebook today and officially going to bed ticked.


This is the life of so many. And I don't want that anymore. I realized driving to Fargo yesterday that I had barely spoke to my husband and gave Carson the Ipad to keep him busy. I barely spoke because I was just creeping on Facebook. I think we all rely on technology and social media to take over our lives way to much. Far to many times have I been trying to looks at some one's album and Carson kept saying Mommy, look! And I had my stupid nose into someone Else's lives. Far to many times have I found myself jealous looking at things that I can not have.

Facebook is no longer just a tool to catch up with family from far away. It is to push everything you have down other people's throats. It is to spend less and less time with the ones who truly mean the world to you. I think instead of posting how much we love our children, maybe we should spend that time that you are taking to post that, with them. I am tired of my friends that I once had, using Facebook to try and stay in my life. I have a phone. I have a mailbox. I have a freaking house that you can come visit! I have formed a new group of friends that I know once I leave Facebook, will still only use my phone and house as forms of communication. Because those are the friends that don't say anything to me on Facebook because they are right next to me and don't have to.

So for anyone that wants to stay up with our house updates and family updates, you can come follow our blog! This way, I don't need to get all caught up in other people's lives. I can show you how far we have come in a way that I feel is just a little journal for myself. So I will continue my Facebook adventure for the rest of the week (just so I can basically get all my pictures saved onto my computer) and delete the account. Not just get off and leave it running, but delete it. It is my way of moving on from my past and really living for my family and where I have come. So, until tomorrow......

No comments:

Post a Comment