FoundLoveStrong

FoundLoveStrong
We found each other, We fell in love with each other, And together we can be strong through everything and anything.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A splash of color

First off, I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! My husband doesn't like to just celebrate days, he usually gives a whole weekend which is always so wonderful. On Saturday, I styled my sister's hair for her very last prom. Believe it or not, it was pretty bittersweet for me. I don't mind doing hair for prom, I actually enjoy it. But this was not only her last prom, but a signal to me that she will be leaving soon. I have grown pretty close to her over the last few years and I begin to tear up thinking that she won't just be next door anymore. That we won't be getting a random guest at any given minute just so she can hang out. And our boys really adore her. So I will be holding onto her this summer before she leaves me!
 
Anyway, after I did her prom hair, I met Aaron in Fargo and we went to Home Goods! Oh my goodness. I fell in love and was all overwhelmed at the same time. The prices were amazing and I fell into basket heaven all over again. If you ever want to buy me a gift, buy me some sort of basket. Ugh, I love them like a dog loves peanut butter sandwiches. On Sunday, we went out to eat with my parents and then Aaron brought me back to Fargo because we bought an umbrella for our patio set and it had a big hole in it. This didn't surprise me because almost everything that we buy over $50 is broken, missing a piece or ripped. It's pretty annoying but it's just our luck. But either way, I had a great weekend!
 
 
I always like to add a little color to our rooms. I like to stick to a neutral paint scheme and add pops of colors here and there. So this weekend, I picked up letters to paint and hang in the kitchen from Hobby Lobby.
 

 
I have always wanted to put the word "Eat" in our kitchen and Aaron has always gave me that look like You can if you want to, but I'm not going to say I like it. Well, it was mother's day weekend so I pretty much got to do whatever I wanted. So I just did it, and Aaron said it didn't look bad! So that is always better than nothing at all!
 
 
I love it!! It's just enough color. And once I decide to paint my kitchen gray, it will be even better! I didn't do enough convincing to get my pantry done but I did draw up some plans for it, so it is in my foreseeable future. I love little updates to the house and can't wait for warm weather to get some fresh flowers throughout our house. Those pops of color are my favorite!! Until tomorrow....




No comments:

Post a Comment