FoundLoveStrong

FoundLoveStrong
We found each other, We fell in love with each other, And together we can be strong through everything and anything.

Friday, May 16, 2014

Body Image

I can not believe some of the rude and hurtful comments people make towards skinny women. If you are skinny because you worked out to get that way, it's "Maybe you should step back a bit". If you are skinny naturally it's because "You have an eating disorder". It's hardly EVER that you just get a nice comment like, "You look so great after having 2 kids!!". People are mean. People think that if you are skinny, you have no feelings. Well news flash people, those comments hurt just as much as if we were to come up to a larger person and call them fat. If we would accuse them of being "Fat" because they over eat. Society sucks and I just wish people could be happy.

So, I decided to do something that I am pretty uncomfortable with. I decided to take a picture of myself. I have flaws. I have many many things that I wish were different. And I know that the only way to change them, is to change myself. I don't work out. I consider taking care of 5 kids all under the age of 3 to be a pretty good workout for me. Is it enough? Probably not. Do I eat healthy? No. Do I envy those that do? Yes. I am picky. I hate the taste and texture of many foods. I have forced myself to gag down many salads in my life just to try and get myself to like lettuce. It doesn't work. I don't like veggies and I can't really live off of fruit for the rest of my life. But here we go....

 
This is what I look like in a swimsuit. My thighs don't touch, my ribs stick out. I have little arms and small ankles. But I also have a hard time keeping a swimsuit top on. I have a hard time finding one! I get mean looks when I am on the beach, I get accused of having an eating disorder. For many years in high school, I was accused of not eating. It hurt so bad because no one knew how I felt. No one knew what I did at home.
 
 
My hip bones stick out and so do my ribs. It isn't lovely. I run into more counter corners with my hips than anyone I'm sure! I have wanted to go on the Paleo diet more times than I can count, but seriously, I don't like anything. I live for my breads and cereals. I have learned that milk has upset my stomach after I quit drinking it for awhile so I try to stay away from dairy as much as possible. I know what is good for me and what is bad for me. When I see a really thin mannequin at a store, I get excited because something might fit me well. I don't look at it as distasteful nor do I look at plus size mannequins as that either. We are women of many different shapes and sizes.
 
 
I am small. I am beautiful. Your words will not ruin my day. But if I can some how try to help you think before you speak, I will. I am the most self conscious person you will ever meet. I dread going out into public in a swimsuit. So this is me saying, it's okay how you look. If you want to change, that is all on you. If you love the way you look, embrace it. You are beautiful. And so am I.....
 
Until tomorrow....



No comments:

Post a Comment